that you might not think would make a list like this:
1. Milkshakes. That's milk, ice cream and chocolate (or vanilla, or mint...) - not what the UK calls milkshakes: flavored milk. Still lovely, but not quite the treat.
2. Sprinklers. Yes, sprinklers. Every Spring through Summer, without fail, we will drive through town and he will ooooh and ahhhh and gaze adoringly at the magical water shooting up gracefully from the ground. I believe they have something called "rain" in the UK which renders the sprinkler useless...
3. Waffles, pancakes and the IHOP (International House of Pancakes - open 24 hours!). It's like the guy found the promised land, I swear. He'd eat 'em for breakfast, lunch and dinner if he could! Royal never had waffles in Britain (said something about potato waffles, but apparently it's not even remotely the same) and the pancakes differ in that ours are more fluffy instead of the crêpe-like 'cakes you sometimes find in the UK.
4. The Outdoor Channel. Also known as: Shooting and hunting television. We had to purchase the more expensive satellite package so Royal could watch this one very special channel.
5. The drive thru ATM, pharmacy and the pay-at-the-pump petrol station. After living in the UK myself, all I have to say is AMEN TO THAT! Convenience at its best.
As the saying goes, it's the little things that mean the most.